Activision has just released their latest Community Update blog post. We’ve read through the update to give you a synopsis of key changes to expect on the ‘Path to Season 2’ for Warzone 2.
Warzone 2 Season 2 Confirmed Changes:
- Customizable Perk Packages
- 3-Plate vest to start
- Bust through doors while plating
- Updated menu system (camo system, new social tab, “My Bundles” screen)
- Improved After Action report with audio
- 1v1 Gulag will return
- Same map for now but a new 1v1 map will be introduced in the future
- Slight reduction to contract rewards
- Minimum cash pile loot increased to $800, $500 for cash registers
- Floating loot UI (no more loot menus / windows)
Customizable Perk Packages is a fairly significant change to the game. Many players were speculating whether the fixed packages were intentionally designed as to make decisions easier for players. With the introduction of customizable perk packages, we should see further expansion into more novel loadouts and playstyles. For many this will for sure be a welcomed addition!
Making the 3-Plate vest a loot only item was fairly controversial at the start of Warzone 2. We can expect that this will have a significant impact on TTK now that all players will spawn with a 3-Plate vest. Overall, we think this is a positive move that will be celebrated by Warzone 1 fans.
Overall, it seems like the most meaningful changes are bringing the Warzone 2 experience closer to what we had in Warzone 1. The Full Season 2 announcement with final release notes will be made available on February 8th, 2023.
Download the Z League app, where you can register for tournaments, post your highlights, and find teammates using the LFG feature!